Saturday, May 9, 2020

Connecting - May 9, 2020 - A Good Day - Distractions

What made yesterday a good one?  (It's very early Saturday morning now.)  Distractions.
First, we shopped at Food Lion at 7:30 am.  It was Frank's first visit inside a store since April 7 when his intestinal bacteria attacked and then a week later a broken kneecap.  He thoroughly enjoyed driving the vehicle around in the store and finally actually saw empty shelves and a few people social distancing and wearing masks.  (He's still wearing a brace and using a walker for another 10 days.)  This early-in-the-morning shopping is a great benefit for those of us who are truly attempting to avoid human contact.
And so we do.
The rest of the day I never sat at my laptop and only checked my iPhone a couple of times.  I didn't watch the news until about 5 pm for about a half hour and then again at 9:00 (Rachel Madow is our favorite.)
So what did I do?  I napped a couple times, did laundry, met with Robert who will repair our bathroom floor so the toilet doesn't fall through, listened to two therapists visiting Frank, (social distancing not total for us because of these necessary visitors).  I fixed hot dogs for lunch ( a request by Frank - we'd never done that before!) and a pork tenderloin for supper.
Instead of watching news, we watched a Perry Mason show!  Truly fun!  We'll do more of that - finding old favorites on TV.  Although, we actually spend less than 2 hours a day at the tube.
My go-to when I just want to escape and not think?  A booklet of pictures I draw by connecting numbers - even better than crossword puzzles which require thinking.
Enough for this morning.  My coffee mug is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment