Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Chakras - May13,2020 - I am safe

Introduction
This morning I'm beginning a series of posts to introduce you to the chakras.  Please know that you can find a world of information on line by simply going to "chakras."  My intention here is to give you my personal practice in hopes of inspiring you to think about these energy centers within your own body.  After all,  there is much more to yoga  than  practicing the asanas (physical poses).

The Subtle Body
....it is widely held in and outside India that the physical body has a subtle counterpart made not of gross matter but of a finer substance, or energy.  George Feuerstein, PhD. "Yoga Tradition.  Its History, Literature, Philosophy and Practice.

What are chakras?  Seven Energy Centers located within the body originating along the spine.
When they are functioning properly, we feel better.  Just as we feel better when our physical body is functioning properly.
"Illumination" is the name of the process I perform for others.  It is basically a cleansing of the chakras.
 I can also teach you how to cleanse your own chakras.

During my meditation practice, I use words from my Tibetan prayer flags (a gift from Joanne).
Chakra One is the root chakra, located at the base of the spine:
I am safe.  I trust more; I fear less.  I am centered and grounded.

More next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment