Thursday, May 7, 2020

Connecting - May 7, 2020 - Change

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.  Charles Darwin, 1809

I am very fortunate since I generally like change.  Although, the changes occurring now are certainly not making for added happiness except for the challenge to find ways to be at least content in spite of the sickness and death that are happening throughout our country.  How does change affect you?  How does the current change affect you?  How are you adapting?
Certainly at this time of our lives, all of us are subjected to change - whether we like it or not.
What I am seeing now, is an opportunity to be more than do.
My life is pretty well dominated now by taking care of Frank with his healing kneecap, and continuing exercises for myself for my healing wrist and shoulder.  Other than that, I have much time for choices.
The biggest change has been the loss of Frank's help with the grocery buying, cooking suppers, and doing little maintenance chores around the place.  For now, I am the one who is doing all of that, plus laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, and once in a great while vacuuming the house.  Since we don't leave the house often, we are not tracking in dirt - or so I excuse myself.
Anyway, the most pleasant things I have found myself doing are observing the natural world from our glassed-in back porch looking right over the pond.  I'll write more about that tomorrow.
In the meantime, are you finding time to BE?
Here is a short section from another poem Donna sent to me:
I want to know 
what sustains you
from the inside
when all else falls away.
I want to know
if you can be alone 
with yourself
and if you truly like
the company you keep
in the empty moments.
By Oriah © Mountain Dreaming,

No comments:

Post a Comment